Madelyn is 7 weeks old. I know I start off every post by saying time has flown by, but it really has. She is looking more and more like a little "person" everyday. She is more alert and has more of a personality. She coos, laughs, and can hold her neck up (for a couple of seconds). She loves music, lights, and when Clayton blows on her stomach. She is starting to really like her swing (which is awesome for us) and playing on her play mat. She is still growing like a weed and can fit into her 3 month clothing. I can't believe it. She has been sleeping a lot better and often sleeps for 6 hours at a time. She does have her bad (gassy) days, but overall she is a happy baby:)
Madelyn had her first Easter and we had such a blast. The Budlers came over and we had a great meal and an Easter Egg hunt for Emma. Madelyn wore her bunny ears and had no idea it was Easter, but she looked cute as hell. I celebrated my 27th birthday and Clayton gave me a beautiful necklace with Madelyn's initials and birthday on it. I love it. We also had Madelyn's dedication at church and it was really special. She wore a dress my mom had made for Kimberly and looked beautiful in it.
I started back at work and it has been a huge transition....back to reality. The first day back was a little rough, but I set up pictures of her all around my office and my mom sent me updates throughout the day. I am so lucky my mom is watching her because I know she is in great hands. It helps so much. We are adjusting to our new life (with me working) and getting into a routine. The adjustment has been difficult, but I know it will get easier. My parents went to Vegas (not fair!) to see Garth Brooks and have a getaway. Lauren is coming up tomorrow to take care of Madelyn while I work. I am so grateful and we are excited to see her. Madelyn has grown so much since the last time she was here. I am so blessed to have family that helps us out so much.
we are very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment