Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a night away....


Madelyn had her first night away at my parent's house in Greenville, without us:(  Mom had a prior engagement and I could not take any time off work, so Madelyn had to stay in Greenville for a couple of nights....DEFINITELY hard to leave her.  Clayton kept trying to get me to leave, but I kept making excuses so I could stay with her a few more minutes.  I cried for about thirty minutes and felt so terrible leaving her.  My heart just hurt having to say goodbye.  She's still in Greenville and my awesome sister has been taking care of her.  I absolutely miss her, but I have to say I have enjoyed having some down time and free time with Clayton.  Life has been a complete blur this past year...  Finding out we were pregnant, getting a new job, putting our house together, going through pregnancy, and having Madelyn...I don't feel like we have even taken anytime to just take it all in.  We are definitely busy and its hard to find any time to just be together.  So Clayton and I went on a real date (for the first time in AWHILE) and it was so nice.  Mom told me that we would probably talk about Madelyn a lot, which we did, but for the most part we just laughed and enjoyed each other.  One thing about Clayton is that anyone can be totally relaxed with him and just have fun, he is good at that:) Probably the most relaxed person ever and its just calming to be around him...most of the time:) When life gets so busy, its hard to enjoy it.  But I have to remind myself constantly how blessed I am and how thankful God has given me such a wonderful family....

This weekend we celebrated Kimber's 21st bday and had a blast.  I had 2 1/2 drinks and felt pretty awesome:)  not afraid to admit that, first time I had really drank anything for almost a year....I fell alseep at midnight, but thought that was pretty good given it was my first night partying in a while....Sometimes a mom just needs a night.  Clayton was awesome and took care of Madelyn so I could enjoy myself...my best friends Katie and Kelly came over to celebrate too, so great to hang out with them...wish we lived closer.

I had my first Mother's Day this weekend and I really had been looking forward to it.  Clayton brought me breakfast in bed (from McDonalds:) and got me a gift certificate for a mani/pedi.  PERFECT gift:) Then we spent the day with my family.  My dad made steaks and the rest of the kids made eggs/grits/potatoes.  It was awesome.  Then we gave my Mom her gifts and cards and she loved everything.  I think Mother's day is officially my favorite day:)

Tomorrow my little peanut comes home and I can't wait to see her smiling face.  Clayton and I's next night away is in less than a month for a good friend's wedding at the beach....very much looking forward to it.  Even though its hard to leave Madelyn, I know its good for us to have time away.  She is always in great hands and has so much fun with my family.  They love her ALMOST as much as I do:)

how cute is this face?


No comments:

Post a Comment