It is not an exaggeration when they tell you that once you have a child "life as you know it is over". I love my little peanut to the MOON, but man oh man does having a kid make the simple things I once did so much more complex. Today, I wanted to go to the mall to get a couple of things for myself. So, after two hours of getting Madelyn ready to go (changed, packing her bags, feeding her, etc.etc.etc.) we headed to the mall. The whole way in the car she was so happy, laughing and talking, grabbing her toys. I thought "I have the best baby in the world!". Then I go into a store and look around, Madelyn still happy. I try a couple of things on and all is fine. A couple of minutes after Madelyn starts screaming. I fix a bottle real quick (you do what you gotta do) and feed her for a couple of minutes. She then spits out the bottle and acts like she isn't hungry. She continues to cry and scream. I realize she has made a "mess" and oh what a mess it was. So I change her right there in the changing room and it smells like crazy. Of course, I realize I have no plastic bag to put the mess in so I creatively made a holding device with another diaper. She is fine for about two minutes and I continue trying on clothes (at this point I am sweating because there is not enough space in the dressing room to change a diaper and her stroller). As I am trying on more clothes she starts screaming...after all of this I am determine to buy SOMETHING. Her screaming carries on and on... It's not a mad scream she is just simply hollering for no reason at all. At home it would have been hilarious, but in a small dressing room with other people I was mortified. Then her screams turn into cries. She is pissed and wants to be held. I have clothes EVERYWHERE, but what baby wants baby gets so I pick her up and undress with her in my arms. I finally say screw it (out loud), grab a couple of things (who knows if they actually fit), put her in the stroller and buy whatever I had. The lady at the register says "OH she is fussy", I am thinking YOU THINK! As I walked out of the store people are just staring at me and I know they are thinking, thank heavens that woman and her baby are leaving.... After pushing Madelyn for a couple of minutes she is so exhausted she goes to sleep......and I think..OH YEA NOW YOU ARE SLEEPING!!!!
Man I was frazzled....BUT.. after a few minutes, when I had stopped sweating and people weren't starring at me, I looked at her and my heart melted all over again....and I though damn she is the sweetest baby in the world......
Here's to motherhood!!
xoxoxoxo
crazy dressing room lady
No comments:
Post a Comment