Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Momma

It's Summer!  And for us that means a whole lotta change.  First of all, I am out of work for the entire summer, which means I will be a stay at home mom for a couple of months.  So, our Nanny (my mother) moved out.  So our foursome is back to a threesome.  I am not gonna lie, I got used to my Mom being here and started calling us the three musketeers (me, her, and Clayton).  However, no one found it very funny...I kinda think we got on her nerves a little bit...she is used to a quiet house and with me talking all the time and Clayton joking with her every second she was probably a little over it...but.. I think she will miss us (or maybe just Madelyn).  I am sure she  is happy to be able to go back to her own life.  We will miss her a lot and she definitely made our lives easier.  She makes cooking, cleaning, laundry, and organizing look very easy....
I am excited to spend time with Madelyn because I know this time is so precious.  She is growing up so quickly and is already wearing 6 month clothing.  I already have filled an entire storage bin with clothing she can't wear.  She is starting to play with toys, she can hold her head up, she loves for me to read to her, and she loves watching nursery rhymes on the t.v.  She LOVES bath time so I knew when we took her to the pool she would love being in the water..and she definitely did.  We had so much fun.  I love the water, but I really think Clayton was a fish in another lifetime.  I am guessing she gets it from him.  I think she is getting a lot of her characteristics from him, she already looks like his twin.  I love it:)
Clayton and I had our first weekend away.  We left Madelyn with my aunt for a night and went to Wilmington for a friend's wedding.  It was a beautiful wedding and we had a blast.  We definitely missed Madelyn and we were excited to pick her up on Sunday, but we enjoyed being able to let loose for a night.....
Clayton had his first Father's Day on Sunday.  He is such a great father and loves Madelyn to pieces.  It really is awesome to watch him with her.  I am so lucky to have them both:)





No comments:

Post a Comment