Wednesday, July 25, 2012

summer stuff.

SA Ouma is here visiting us for a couple of weeks.  She is smitten with Madelyn and she has been a huge help to all of us. Hopefully Madelyn and I are not wearing her out...

I went on a girls weekend trip with two of my friends and sister to Charleston.  It was awesome and we are making it a regular trip...and have implemented girl's wine nights at least twice a month.  It benefits all family members in my opinion.  And I have started doing Zumba.  I'm in love. It's so much fun, lets me bounce around and act like a crazy person at least twice a week.  I need that in my life.

              Madelyn News
It's cool to eat your foot
Madelyn is almost 5 months old and growing like a weed.  I recently took her for her checkup and she weighed 14lbs 4oz (50 percentile) and was 25 in long (75th percentile, yay for being tall). Poor thing got 2 shots and they drew some blood to make sure she was not anemic (her fair skin led the doctor to believe she could have anemia, felt a little awkward when the results were fine and was told that she was "just pale".  I like my child's pale skin thank you very much.) 

Everyday Madelyn does new things.  She rolls over now, both directions, which makes her a little more dangerous.  Can't step away for even a minute, she's everywhere.  She likes to eat her feet and loves sucking her toe, which gives her hand a break.  At least she can entertain herself:) She is also holding her own bottle, for about a minute, and reaches for it when she sees it in my hand.  She said "dadadada" the other day when Karen and I were shopping, however, Clayton does not believe me.  And our big summer event, giving Madelyn baby food!  I was so excited I could barely stand it (wow how my life has change).  She liked the bananas and LOVES the apples....she actually tries to grab the spoon to feed herself, what a genius!

Another big event was my parent's church's consignment sale. Oh my gosh I have never seen anything like it. It was a bit overwhelming, but luckily I had my mom with me to keep me focused...I was bouncing around like a crazy person..again.  There were rooms and rooms full of baby gear...  We got bouncers, walkers, toys I don't even know the names of, CDs (the entire Baby Einstein collection), DVDs, clothes, storage stuff, baby gates, books, etc.etc.etc. I am all about some consignment sales and will be going back in January.  Why spend so much money on things they will only use/wear for a couple of months?

peace. love. and cheap stuff~

ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment