Summer is officially over. I am back at work, Clayton's schedule has slowed down (a little), and Nana has resumed her position as head nanny in the Langheim house...for a couple of weeks.
I wouldn't say I was excited to go back to work, but I am definitely ready to get our routine going. Summer was wonderful. I got to be lazy and hang with my peanut all day everyday and I absolutely look forward to next summer, but I am too much of a busy body to stay home the whole day (not that stay at moms are not busy, they definitely are, I just enjoy my job). Nana officially resigns Friday of next week. I have asked Mom to move to Greensboro permanently, but apparently my dad will miss her. So, the next best thing for Madelyn is a wonderful daycare, which we have. I am excited for her and know it will be good as she has grown very attached to me, which makes my heart melt, but it is better that she interacts with other kids.
Our summer ended with a wonderful vacation with friends. Clayton's SA buddies and us wives and babies headed to the beach for a couple of days. While we had an absolute blast, one thing we did not anticipate was Madelyn's hatred of the beach. Clayton and I were so excited to take her to the ocean and we honestly just planned to hang out there all day every day. Plans changed on Day 1.
 |
| Prepared. |
That morning Clayton and I packed for our day. As most of you know, I am a planner, so this momma had it all together...I thought. A week before the trip I ordered a HUGE (and expensive) outside tent that would provide sufficient shade for our princess while mommy and daddy baked in the sun. So that morning we packed the tent, along with another kid tent for when she napped (dr. recommended) and three big bags full of towels, sunscreen, food, milk, water, warmed water for her bottle, her bumbo so she could sit up, hats, extra bathing suits, at least 4 onesies, diapers, wipes, lotion (not sure why), washcloths (to take the sand off), toys, teething rings, and probably more but you get the idea, we were prepared. Our condo was one row from the beach, but we had to park at an access because of the amount of stuff we had. We actually had to wait until a person left the beach to get a parking space. So after we parked we unloaded (meaning Clayton unloaded) and set up with the rest of the group (who had been there for well over an hour). Clayton figured out the huge tent and after 10 minutes of unloading and setting up, I thought we were good to go. But, as soon as Clayton walked away to take a swim Madelyn starts screaming. She screams so loud everyone around us is starring and obviously talking about the "poor baby" whose mother dragged her to the beach. A lady even came up to me to ask if she could hold her. While it was thoughtful, I was pretty irritated. I just thought woman... I am sweating my ass off trying to get my kid to stop screaming and you are over here wanting to hold her....which is making her scream even LOUDER..and after you referred to her as a HIM?! Like I said Clayton was swimming so I was alone and secretly cursing him (and crazy lady) out under my breath. When crazy lady finally left us alone, Clayton returned, Madelyn still screaming bloody murder. We took her clothes off, which pissed her off even more because then she was covered in sand. We tried to feed her, but she would drink for a second and continue hollering. After a good 15-20 minutes of humiliation, I picked up Madelyn and walked/stomped to the car and that was the last time the Langheims saw the beach as a family again. Our dreams of a family beach vacation crushed. Clayton was left to load up the car, again.
But, don't feel too bad for us, Clayton still got to golf, I enjoyed the beach with just Deb, blue moons, and no kids (a lot more relaxing) and the Langheims spent time on the lazy river with Pina Coladas. As always, we made it work:)
Cheers to a great summer,
xoxo
ash
 |
taking a deep breath trying to calm Madelyn down
|
 |
| Lazy river with our peanut |
No comments:
Post a Comment