Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not at all prepared.

I complained a lot when I was pregnant, just ask my husband, mom, and a few of my lucky friends.  At the end I was so uncomfortable sometimes I would just cry....and to top it all off, I had contractions for about a month.  So during my constant complaining and praying that time would pass more quickly, my mom would say "be careful what you wish for" with that "I know more than you know" type smile...and I, of course, would roll my eyes thinking I knew more than she did...so what if she has had four kids!!! (and two at one time...oh my gosh how did she do it???). 

NOW I understand what she meant..........

I love Madelyn more than words can say and I am so happy she is finally here....but NOTHING can prepare you for motherhood.  Not the backaches, not the morning sickness, not the nesting, not the baby books, and not even the contractions and horrible labor......Motherhood is absolutely wonderful, but let's be real, it is harder than hell. And usually moms don't just have the all day responsibility of taking care of a newborn....most have to work, have other kids (can't imagine how my mom did it with 3 other kids), have twins, and some don't even have all the extra help I have had (these women are my heroes).  Today I was thinking about how life has completely changed for Clayton and I...  I actually said it out loud a couple times to my mom who just smiled and said "I told ya so" (seems to always happen that way).  Over the past three weeks, I have adjusted to our new life, but it has not been short of tears and feelings of failure.  But, the Lord is giving me more and more strength each day and I know with time things will be smoother, sleep with be longer, and my fears will be subsided by experience.  And, I am COMPLETELY open to any advice about sleeping, swaddling, breastfeeding, medicines, ANYTHING!  So to any moms (or dads/partners), I always appreciate any words of wisdom.....

OTHER NEWS: 
Madelyn celebrated her first St. Patty's Day and was the cutest thing you have ever seen.  She had her newborn photos taken by the same photographer who did my maternity pics (she is so awesome) and I can't wait to see them. Madelyn was a champ throughout the whole three hour session. She was absolutely exhausted the rest of the day.  Poor Clayton is sick with the flu, so Madelyn and I had to stay in Greenville longer...still aren't sure when we can come home.  I love having my mom's help, but I am anxious to get back home and start getting into a routine, and to see my husband of course.  AND, we bought a new car.  Clayton's (/Deb's) old Honda finally bit the dust and it was time to move on to a family vehicle.  We found a 2011 Honda CRV and we absolutely love it and I feel like a Mom more than ever:)  


Happy St. Patty's Day

Gramps and Madelyn


Adorable 




Nana and Madelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment