 |
| Meeting Katie |
 |
| Meeting KK |
 |
| At the soccer game:) |
 |
| Madelyn:) |
Madelyn is up eating so I have a few minutes to update everyone on our adventures this week...
Madelyn is 2 weeks old and time just keeps flying by. She seems to be changing everyday and I find myself trying to hold on to every second. Her and I went to Greenville for the week to stay with Mom so she could continue to help me with the whole parenting thing. For a 2 week old, Madelyn has been pretty busy, meeting lots of new people and going to new places. She was able to meet my two best friends, Katie and Kelly, and go to a soccer game at my old high school. It was so awesome to show her the field I used to play on, Ill have to take her back when she can understand what it is:) Madelyn finally met her Uncle Andrew and it is so great (and kind of shocking) to see him completely melt when he holds her. I also wanted to make sure she was continuing to gain weight, so my Mom's awesome friend let us use a scale at her work. On Tuesday, Madelyn was already back up to her birth weight (6lbs 15oz) and I was so relieved. She has been feeding like a crazy woman and all of the hard work paid off. Breastfeeding is such a hard job and you really have to be dedicated to it....needless to say, I was ecstatic when I saw she had gained more than an ounce a day.
Although we have had such a great time in Greenville, Madelyn and I have really missed Clayton. He had to stay in Greensboro to work and it also gave him a chance to catch up on his sleep. Not sure if I made the right decision by taking her away from him so soon, but Clayton always supports me. I know he hates coming home from work and us not being there. I am so lucky to be married to someone like him who always puts my needs before his. I have missed my husband:(
So our week here is almost over and I have to prepare to start doing all of this by myself. It has been wonderful having my Mom's help, but reality is about to hit when Madelyn and I go back to Greensboro. I have actually been pretty calm and relaxed since she was born (compared to the state I was in when I was pregnant) and I am praying that continues when we come home. Everyone tells you that your life completely changes when you have a child, but you can't fully comprehend it until you are there. Being a mother is so wonderful, but extremely tiring. I am learning that you have to be completely selfless and your own needs are no longer a priority.....
Well the little peanut is finally sleeping and momma's gotta do the same!
 |
| First bath |
 |
| Hating it.... |
 |
| Meeting Uncle Andrew |
No comments:
Post a Comment