So much of this blog has been my honest account of what it has been like, so far, to adjust to motherhood. Since I have been pregnant, given birth, and become a real life mother, the realization of the responsibility that all of these bring is so far away from what I thought pre baby. And with each additional month of Madelyn's sweet life, the responsibility continues to grow, our lives continue to change, but, I should add, I would not change a single second of it (even the labor) for anything...
Clayton and I just celebrated two years of marriage. I thank God every day that he chose me to marry. When I really stop and think about "our story" and how God prepared both of us for the other, it truly blows me away.....We celebrated year number 2 at a B&B (something I have always wanted to do). My mom and dad kept Madelyn so we could have the night to ourselves. So for our night alone, we sat on the porch, drank wine, Clayton made his money back by eating as many "free" snacks as he could, and then we met up with my bro and cousins at a bar, followed by a late night trip to Zaxbys. Pretty great.
Our sweet little bean is 7 months today. I can't believe how fast life is flying by. We are so busy and sometimes I am so exhausted my legs ache when I finally lay down for the night. I cannot believe the work that goes into being a mom, but at the same time it is so amazing. Madelyn brings us so much happiness. She knows that we are her mom and dad and that alone can make me tear up. She is growing and learning everyday. She loves her toys and is "army crawling" every where. We made her a big "baby jail" that takes over our family room. My once "put together" entertainment area is completely filled with toys, jumpers, books, diapers, and anything else that makes the room more of a functional daycare for one. At her recent check up she is still very tall and her weight is perfect. Still not a lot of hair (more of peach fuzz), but her eyes are ohh sooo blue (I love them!). She can sit up on her own, but really prefers to be crawling around exploring everything. She LOVES Lily and thinks she is the funniest looking creature in the world (who can blame her). She makes the funniest/weirdest little noises and I know she has some Klas in her. She is just all around an awesome kid, but I know... I am a little bias:)
| Hey Mom, I can play my drum! |
xoxo
Ashleigh
No comments:
Post a Comment