Thursday, December 13, 2012

update

It has been awhile:)

Madelyn is 9 1/2 months now and she is more awesome than ever.  She has finally started to really crawl and not do her trade mark army crawl where she scoots around like she has a sniper in her arms.  She can pull her self up and actually walk with help.  She LOVES her walker and I am pretty sure will be walking on her own before we know it.  We bought her her first pair of "walking" shoes (which by the way are ridiculously expensive for such little material), but they are still a little big because her feet are so tiny. She is eating some table food and really loves green beans and bananas.  She loves feeding herself.  Her favorite thing in the world is Lily.  She freaks out when she sees her and screams "DOG DOG DOG" all day long.  Everything is dog, and if you say DOG she anxiously looks around the room to find Lily.  It's hilarious and Lily loves it.  Lily comes and sits her behind right on her whenever she can.

More news- Clayton and I decided to switch her daycare.  It was a hard decision because we loved her daycare teacher.  One of the nicest people I have ever met and truly loved Madelyn.  But, the place we were out required us to "work" four hours a week and with our schedules it was just too much.  Four hours a week doesn't seem like a lot, but adding that to everything we have going on was just insane.  So we found a daycare MUCH closer to our house and so far so good.  Madelyn is having some separation anxiety so she still gets upset when we take her in the morning, but gets okay in a couple of minutes.  She likes her teacher, but does NOT like it when her teacher takes her lunch break and someone else comes in.  Doesn't really like change too much I guess.  They do arts and crafts and she comes home with artwork every day.  It's great.  My fridge is completely full of her pictures:)

All of us have been sick this week.  First me, then Clayton, and now Madelyn.  I hate seeing her sick, but really enjoyed being at home with her today.  I do get to spend time with her on the weekends, but usually there is so much to do (clean, cook for the week, laundry, everything else I dont have time to do during the week) and I never just relax and enjoy the time.  Today I got to do that.  I rocked her to sleep and even after she was out I just kept rocking her.  I read her books and played with her toys.  We even laid in bed together for about an hour.  Sometimes life gets so busy I forget to enjoy things like that.....but it should be a priority.  There is always something else to clean or do, but 9 1/2 months have gone by so fast and I know time will keep on moving....

xoxoxo
ash




No comments:

Post a Comment